Re: [gedit-list] File browser plugin

I use Ubuntu Edgy.

The problem is the file browser plugin because when i deactivate the plugin, close gedit, open it again and i click in activate the plugin, when i click in the check of complements take about 10 seconds on activate it.

I am thinking that i installed the file browser plugin before update to edgy. ¿Some idea? Plugin about dialog don't show me the plugin version number .

El mar, 31-10-2006 a las 12:08 +0100, Frederic Back escribió:
On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 11:55 +0100, Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:
> Op dinsdag 31-10-2006 om 12:40 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef chuchi:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >     thanks all for you work in this plugin but it is too slow. I have
> > serious problems loading file browser plugin because when i open
> > gedit, it take about 13 seconds if i have this plugin activated. My PC
> > is Pentium 4 with 1024mb ram and 13 seconds with this hardware is too
> > long. I have activated: file browser plugin, snipplets, external tools
> > and DevHelp plugin.
>
> What happens if you deactivate the plugin, close gedit, run gedit and
> then activate the plugin? (I'm just curious about if this is really file
> browsers fault, since I'm not experiencing these kinds of delays)

I used to have the same delays on an early ubuntu edgy beta, but they
are gone now that I upgraded (and I have LOTS of active plugins).

Could it be related to gnomevfs/init issues? What distribution did you
encounter the problem on?

-fred