Re: [gedit-list] Class Browser Plugin

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 10:41 +0000, Christopher Backhouse wrote:
> At first glance it seems that this only recognises languages by their
> file extensions (eg my python code isn't in a .py file but can be
> recognised by the #!/usr/bin/python at the top).

No, it recognises them by looking at the mime type through the gedit
api. You probably don't see coloured code, either, so this is a gedit
issue.

> (or point me at the option I've missed where I can force the language)

In gedit, you can force the language over view->highlight mode. You are
right, the class browser should use this information instead of the mime
type.

> Saved me the work of writing something like this myself though (as I
> was tempted to attempt)

Feel free to implement the language recognition, then :-)
The relevant code is in tabwatch.py

Regards,
Fred