Re: looks like 'yes'! -- was '[gedit-list] gedit on Windows?'

According to the site (sorry, didn't paste the homepage URL before), it can be installed using the cygwin installer. Which you really should use if you're using cygwin, I think.
http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/

I'm not involved in the development of that, so I don't know what they're doing with patches. I didn't see any contact details either, although presumably there'll be something in the source distro.

Cheers
JP

Steve Frécinaux wrote:
John Pye wrote:
FYI, just saw this page contains 'gedit':
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/portslist.txt

and this, a screenshot!
http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/screenshots/gedit.jpg

I'd say the big challenge would be to run it with the native Windows GTK, rather that through CygwinX / Xming. Also maybe working around the GNOME-ish parts that aren't available in the Windows GTK.

Does it require the whole cygwin package working ?

My opinion would be for you not to be afraid of providing patches, in the form of replacement objects instead of a mountain of #ifdefs if possible... Or to wait until gtk 2.10 which should make the port easier since it embeds a lot more libraries, one of the only one remaining then would be gconf (gtksv is already ported onto windows)... (but I'm not the maintainer so my opinion is just informative)

--
John Pye
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering