Re: [gedit-list] gedit on Windows?

Andreas Warberg wrote:
Hi

I'm using Windows XP sometimes and I would love to have gedit instead of
the note/wordpads!

Is it possible to install gedit on Windows (XP)?

No, there isn't a native windows version of gedit.
Porting it should be doable and we would very much welcome help in this area, but we don't plan to do it ourselves... I don't even have a developement machine running windows :)

Currently I think it is possible to run it under cygwin (though I have not tried it myself).

ciao
   Paolo
Thanks in advance.

Best regards