[gedit-list] gedit command line question.

We are migrating from Solaris to Linux. We have several perl/Tk
applications that use /usr/openwin/bin/mp for printing user text
files. All our users like the prints with the file pathnames, page
numbers and alike, makes it easier for them to find their prints.
We have tried lp with prettyprint option. Not bad but does not seem to
support word wrap, and full file pathnames.

Tried a man on gedit, there seems to be limited command line inputs.
What I would like to do on the command line is sort of:

gedit -nowindow -printto printername -file filename

This way, from within our perl/Tk application, we can use gedit to print
specific files with the wordwrap and page headers without having the GUI
popup.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Richard Cooke
CAD Manager, Boston Design Center

*** Internet Email Confidentiality footer ***
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is
legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person
responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information
contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If
you
have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify me
by
reply e-mail, or by telephone at (978) 656-4725 and destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any
manner.
Thank you.