Re: [gedit-list] Feature request for plugin External Tool in Gedit

Kurt . wrote:
Hi
My name's prakij kanokwadchayun I've use ubuntu for 1 mount and I think gedit work perfectly to coding program for beginner like me but I found that external tool have make my life easier because when I want to compile program
I just simply use command

javac  $GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_NAME

in External Tool to compile program but the problem is I can't found Environment Variable to run java because
it need command look like this

java $FILE_NAME_WITHOUT_EXTENSION

and I can't find Environment Variable to do the job
so I ask if you could add another environment variable to External Tool or is there another way to make java run with little effort I would be very appreciate. :)

You can use the `basename` shell command to strip the extension.

Ciao
   Paolo

Thanks in advance
Prakij Kanokwadchayun