Re: [gedit-list] Feature request for plugin External Tool in Gedit

Hi Kurt,

Great to see you enjoy gedit!

Op do, 29-06-2006 te 14:43 +0700, schreef Kurt .:
> I just simply use command
>
> javac  $GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_NAME
>
> in External Tool to compile program but the problem is I can't found
> Environment Variable to run java because
> it need command look like this
>
> java $FILE_NAME_WITHOUT_EXTENSION
>
> and I can't find Environment Variable to do the job

What you can do is use the following little syntax to strip the
extension:

${GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_NAME%\.*}

If you use this instead of just GEDIT_CURRENT_DOCUMENT_NAME it should
work fine.

--
Jesse van den Kieboom

Visit: http://www.icecrew.nl