Re: [gedit-list] Plugin Loader

How about the idea of making the plugin loaders itself plugins.

I think we have to develop and export a little gedit API to support registration and execution of loader methods but it would give a clean (one-way) interface to develop plugins and loaders.

A loader could for example call gedit_register_loader(self,'python') or gedit_register_loader(self,'ruby') and all plugins that are loaded by the plugin-manager in gedit will use the required loader.
I would keep a hash of method <> loaderobject.

The only obstacle is that the plugins for the loaders need to be loaded first (or the others deferred) until all loaders are registered.

regards

Bart