[gedit-list] Plugin Loader

Hi,

A while ago I had a conversation with someone (sorry lost the mails) here on the list about the plugin loader. I would like to integrate a ruby plugin loader (besides the python loader) into gedit.

That guy said that it would be better to extract the loader's (python,ruby, perl ... ) from the main gedit code for maintainability.

Is this still true ?
Is there any work already done ?
How do you guys see this ? Make a seperate plugin-python-loader.so (plugin-ruby-loader.so) that gedit could use to install the plugins ?

regards,

Bart