Re: [gedit-list] Documentation for snippets plugin

Op wo, 23-08-2006 te 16:30 +0100, schreef Joachim Noreiko:
> > Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:09:16 +0200
> > From: Jesse van den Kieboom <jesse icecrew nl>
> >

> > The end placeholder is the last placeholder you can
> > jump to in a snippet
> > (when omitted it's inserted at the end of the
> > snippet). When you 'enter'
> > this placeholder (e.g. tab to it, or put cursor on
> > it) the snippet is
> > finalized.
>
> That's the bit I don't understand -- what does
> 'finalized' mean?
> Is it simply that the Tab key will revert to inserting
> tab characters?

You could say that. All the placeholders are removed. At a more
technical note (to clear things up): what happens when you insert a
snippet is that certain marks are placed in the text to identify
placeholders and such. Certain actions are taken when you enter or leave
a placeholder or when you change the contents of a placeholder. When the
snippet is finalized all these marks and the corresponding actions are
removed and the plugin doesn't do anything special with that text
anymore. I hope this makes it somewhat more clear what actually happens
and what the consequences are.

> I'm also not sure about $GEDIT_CURRENT_WORD. Is it
> implemented in 2.14.3? I can't get the example from
> the  wiki page to do anything.

This has been added in 2.15.1 and I don't think it has been backported
to 2.14. It will be included in 2.16 though.

--
Jesse van den Kieboom

Visit: http://www.icecrew.nl