Re: [gedit-list] eRuby plugin available?

On 8/9/06, Jesse van den Kieboom <jesse icecrew nl> wrote:
Op wo, 09-08-2006 te 13:28 -0400, schreef John Gabriele:
> Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:
> >[snip]
>
> How is a text file's mime type determined?

I _think_ it's a mix of inspecting the file header and extensions, but
it's a bit fuzzy. You can define mimetypes in /usr/share/mime

Thanks for the quick reply Jesse.

Hm. Looks like the 'file' command can tell you a file's mime type if
you pass the -i option...

> When you say "new highlighting engine", do you mean a newer version of
> GtkSourceView? Or are you switching to something else?

Yes gtksourceview. It's being worked on at the moment.

What sort of changes are in the works? I checked their ML, but it
seems pretty dead (with most devs possibly using IRC instead,
according to one post there).

Thanks,
---John