Re: [gedit-list] eRuby plugin available?

Jesse van den Kieboom wrote:
Op do, 20-07-2006 te 15:43 +0200, schreef David B\ufffd
> Hello
> I am using gedit for *.rhtml documents. For that type of document i am
> missing syntax highlighting. Is there an plugin available?

No there is not. But it's not a plugin doing the highlighting. The rhtml
hihglighting issue has come up a couple of times if I recall correctly.
The highlighting works by inspecting the mime type of the document and
having language spec files which specify to which mime types they
apply.

How is a text file's mime type determined?

What is rhtml exactly (html with ruby embedded I guess?).

Yup. If interested, see http://www.rubycentral.com/book/web.html and
scroll down to "Embedding Ruby in HTML".

The current
highlight engine cannot highlight two different embedded languages so it
would be a bit of a mess anyway (just like how php is now). The new
highlighting engine should take care of this problem.

When you say "new highlighting engine", do you mean a newer version of
GtkSourceView? Or are you switching to something else?

Thanks,
---John