Re: [gedit-list] Re: gedit ctags plugin

Il giorno gio, 10/11/2005 alle 12.36 +1100, John Pye ha scritto:
> > configure: error: Library requirements (
> >         glib-2.0 >= 2.8.0
> >         gtk+-2.0 >= 2.8.0
> >         gtksourceview-1.0 >= 1.2.0
> >         libgnomeui-2.0 >= 2.6.0
> >         libglade-2.0 >= 2.4.0
> >         libgnomeprintui-2.2 >= 2.6.0
> >         gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.12.0
> > ) not met;
>
> On FC4 the versions of the above libraries were (found using rpm -q):
> Glib 2.6.6.
> GTK+ 1.2.10
> gtksourceview 1.2.0
> libgnomeui 2.10.0
> libglade2 2.5.1
> libgnomeprintui22 2.10.1
> gnome-vfs2 2.10.0
>
> So there are problems with glib and gnome-gfs versions. I take it those
> constraints on the required versions are accurate? These constraints
> make it impossible to use the new MDI version of Gedit on FC4. This
> surprises me a little since I would have expected the 'new MDI' to
> require perhaps new GUI widgets etc. But it seems that other things are
> afoot. Perhaps I just have to wait till FC5 before I can use new Gedit
> plugins?

Yes, unfortunately during a developement cycle is not uncommon to depend
on developement version of other gnome libraries since we know that
their new stable version will be released in time for the new gedit. In
this particular case we depend on a couple of libraries that were
released as part of gnome 2.12.
You can try to pull those libraries from 'rawhide', the developement
version of Fedora or you can get also this libraries from cvs. In the
second case using 'jhbuild' (a build script that checks out all the
required sources and builds them) may be a good idea; the wiki page has
some info about it.

ciao