Re: [gedit-list] CF/LF and gedit autopackage

Hi,

> Hi there,
>
> gEdit is my favourite editor ever since I learnt it, but one thing I
> am perplexed is: How do I save my text files so that Windows Notepad
> can read it without all the lines running together?
>
> I know from using Mousepad and Leafpad (both XFCE editors) that I have
> to save my files in the CF/LF format, but I cannot find this option
> anywhere.
>
> Can you advise me please?

There is no way at the moment to save files in DOS format from gedit.
You can use the unix2dos command outside gedit.
BTW, this is probably a feature we should add.

> On a second note, can you kindly help me make a gedit autopackage so
> that next time, I can simply download the latest version off
> http://www.gedit.org, without having to wait for my distro guys to
> provide it?

I don't know "autopackage" so I don't know how I can help you. BTW, feel
free to ask if you need some info.
Since autopackages are gaining some popularity, it would be nice to have
an autopackage for gedit.