[gedit-list] CF/LF and gedit autopackage

Hi there,

gEdit is my favourite editor ever since I learnt it, but one thing I
am perplexed is: How do I save my text files so that Windows Notepad
can read it without all the lines running together?

I know from using Mousepad and Leafpad (both XFCE editors) that I have
to save my files in the CF/LF format, but I cannot find this option
anywhere.

Can you advise me please?

On a second note, can you kindly help me make a gedit autopackage so
that next time, I can simply download the latest version off
http://www.gedit.org, without having to wait for my distro guys to
provide it?

Thank you!

Best Regards,