[gedit-list] intelligent cursor contrast / cursor color control?

Would it be possible to have the default cursor color change
automatically to provide sufficient contrast with the chosen
background color? The default cursor color works great with light
backgrounds, but is difficult to see with dark ones.

(Or is there an easy way to change the cursor color to account for a
dark background? I see this is a question asked on the mailing list,
but unanswered as far as I can see ... seems like there should be one,
to join the very nice settings control for fg/bg/highlighted text)

Thanks for the excellent editor --

Tim