Re: [gedit-list] Syntax Highlighting

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 12:17 -0500, Tyler Sutherland wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The plug in that I would most like to see added is one that could
> perform colour syntax highlighting for PHP/HTML code.
>
> Please reply to me if one already exists.

Syntax Highlighting has been added to gedit for sometime now (for sure
in 2.4, can't remember if 2.2 already had it). I think that highlighting
for html has been there since the beginning, while php support has been
added only in 2.6.
If you can upgrade to 2.6 is better, but if you can't you can probably
take the php.lang file from a recent tarball[1] and put it in the proper
directory (/usr/share/gtksourceview-1.0/language-specs/).

ciao
	paolo

[1]: note that the feature comes from the gtksourceview widget that
gedit uses, so the tarball you have to look for is
gtksourceview-1.X.tar.gz