[gedit-list] gedit and combining accents

Newbie question (Gnome 2.6.0, gedit)

What is the status of displaying letters with combing accents in gedit?
E.g.
a followed by U+0301  (combining acute accent)
a followed by U+0300  (combining grave accent)
a followed by U+0302  (combining circumflex accent)

I know that there are single Unicode characters á, à, â
but what I really need for Unicode encoding of modern
Hopi orthography are the following:

ö followed by U+0301
ö followed by U+0300
ö followed by U+0302

As far as I can tell, Unicode does not offer single characters
for ö with an acute, grave or circumflex accent.

Thanks,

Ken Beesley