[gedit-list] LaTeX plugin

-- I'm not subscribed to the list, replies to brent fprimex com are
appreciated--

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in writing a LaTeX output
plugin for gEdit.  I know that the tags plugin is already there (and its
great!) and I thought it would also be cool to be able to produce
output/previews to ggv, xdvi, or whatever directly from gEdit via a
plugin.  Something like what the 'LaTeX' button in TeXShop on MacOS X
does (http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/texshop.html).  This would
make writing documents SO much easier.  As it is now, I have to leave
the editor and 'pdflatex file.tex; ggv file.pdf' in a terminal.

I'd certainly be willing to contribute, if nothing else to the design of
the plugin.  I'm afraid, however, that my familiarity with gtk and the
plugin structure is quite insufficient for such a task, so I appeal to
more knowledgeable users.  If nothing else, when I get more time I'll
try to code it myself and submit my results.

Thanks for your time,

Brent W.
fprimex.com

-- I'm not subscribed to the list, please reply to brent fprimex com --