Re: [gedit-list] LaTeX plugin

Hi Brent,

> I was wondering if anyone would be interested in writing a LaTeX output
> plugin for gEdit.

I really would like to see it but I have no time to implement it.

> I know that the tags plugin is already there (and its
> great!)

Actually the LaTeX taglist would need some improvement.

> and I thought it would also be cool to be able to produce
> output/previews to ggv, xdvi, or whatever directly from gEdit via a
> plugin.

In the future we will implement a tool plugin so that the user will be
able to add to the Tool menu items like "Compile with LaTeX" and so on
(as you can see in UltraEdit or other editor on Windows).

In the future we will also implement syntax colouring and this will
really help when editing LaTeX documents.
We will have spell checker too (you can already see it in the gedit beta
version for gnome 2.2).

> I'd certainly be willing to contribute, if nothing else to the design of
> the plugin.  I'm afraid, however, that my familiarity with gtk and the
> plugin structure is quite insufficient for such a task, so I appeal to
> more knowledgeable users.

We could help you with this.

I really would like to see a toolbar like the one you can see in
WinEdit.

> If nothing else, when I get more time I'll
> try to code it myself and submit my results.

Great.

Ciao,