Re: [gedit-list] Suggestions for gedit...

Hi Rob,
> Hi,
>    gedit is my editor of choice

Good choice :-)

> and I was wondering if some of these
> suggestions have either made it into the latest version (1.0.2 I think)
> or if they're worth mentioning....

The latest version for gnome 1.4 is 0.9.7
The latest version for the upcoming gnome 2.0 is 2.0.0 (released today)

>    Add a key shortcut for 'Goto Line'.

Fixed in 2.0.0

>    When the 'Goto Line' dialogue appears the previous line number (if
> any) should be selected so any new text will remove it. I hate having to
> delete it before having to type in a whole new line number. Make it just
> like the Search dialogue. (I've tried hacking this, but I only edited
> the window definitions by hand cause I'm not sure how I would do it
> correctly).

Fixed in 2.0.0

>    Could you also add key shortcuts for 'Previous Document' and 'Next
> Document' so the mouse isn't required.

Try to use Ctrl + and Ctrl - (in gedit 0.9.7)

>    Thanks again for a great app.

Thanks

Ciao

Paolo Maggi                      E-mail: maggi athena polito it
Dip. Automatica e Informatica    Tel.  : + 39 011 564 7078
Politecnico di Torino            Fax   : + 39 011 564 7099

A Bugless Program is an Abstract Theoretical Concept.