Re: [gedit-list] Re: gedit, new text widget & branch
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Chema Celorio <chema celorio com>
- Cc: Paolo Maggi <maggi athena polito it>, Roberto Majadas <phoenix nova es>, Jason Leach <leach wam umd edu>, steve_hall mindspring com, baudais okstate edu, Yukihiro Nakai <ynakai redhat com>, gedit-list lists sourceforge net
- Subject: Re: [gedit-list] Re: gedit, new text widget & branch
- Date: 27 Nov 2000 15:25:19 -0500
Chema Celorio <chema celorio com> writes:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Are you sure I said that? ;-) I don't remember what I was thinking.
> Wait ! I remember now.
> You wanted to get the Gtk Text widget well tested before
> GNOME moved to the new GTk (and this seemed like a good idea
> to me). So if we just depend on the new gtk, it does not acomplish
> this, cause nobody is going to be able to use it unless
> they migrate to the new gtk relese.
> Does this make sense now ?
Sort of, except that there's no way to backport to GTK 1.2 since you
need Pango... I think I was on crack. ;-)
GTK 1.3.x and GTK 1.2 coexist happily on the same box, so people
should be able to install both.
] [Thread Prev