[gedit-list] gedit, new text widget & branch

Hello gediters

I just wanted to let everyone know that I branched gedit
this morning. The current gedit branch is going to get
ported to the new gtk text widget. The stable branch
is going to be used to fix bugs for the 1.0 version.

to get the gedit 1.0 branch you can type :
cvs -z3 co -r gedit-1-0 gedit

to get the new gtk text widget branch :
cvs -z3 co gedit.

I also want to let everyone know that BSE (original
gedit developer) has come back from the underground
and is going to start hacking again with the port
to the new gtktext.

Can all the interested parties subscribe to  :

gedit-list lists sourceforge net
[http://gedit.sourceforge.net]

I am not sure all the developers are subscribed.

Havoc :
	We are going to copy the text widget inside
gedit. (as you told me to do) but I am wondering about
bug fixes between the gedit version and the one in
gtk+. We don't want the source to divert. What do you
recommend the action plan to be ?

regards,
Chema