Re: [Geary] Wikipedia entry update needed

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 03:37, step21 <step21 devtal de> wrote:
Some updates and request for comments - on the 'Files to upload' page I was asked to provide a source for the content of the email displayed in the screenshot that geary uses on its gnome page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Files_for_upload#geary_3.32_screenshot While I generally am fimilar with copyright law in some jurisdictions, I am not sure about Wikipedia's policies, so I would defer to more established Wikipedia contributors in some way.

I'm the creator and copyright holder of the screenshot, and hereby release the screenshot under the same licence as Geary's source code, per your attestation on Wikipedia.

With regards to the email shown, it was produced by The Conversation <https://theconversation.com/>. An example of the newsletter in full can be seen here: <https://theconversation.cmail20.com/t/ViewEmail/r/85B33FE81688CE562540EF23F30FEDED/89FD178B43BDFED14BD7C9066BE4161D>. The email comes with no copyright or licensing information, however their republishing guidelines for complete stories are given here: <https://theconversation.com/au/republishing-guidelines>, which specifies CC BY-ND 4.0. I'd argue that in the absence of information on the newsletter itself, this might also apply to the newsletter.

I'm not sure what the ramifications are of LGPL + CC BY-ND 4.0, but if there's any problems I'm happy to re-licence the screenshot itself.

Maybe point Wikipedians to this email in the mailing list's archives and see what they say?

Thanks for your continuing work on this. :)

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>