~Stephen
--
I try to write short, functional emails. http://smichel.me/email

On October 27, 2017 8:00:14 AM EDT, geary-list-request gnome org wrote:

Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 11:44:11 +1100
From: Michael Gratton <mike vee net>
To: Geary <geary-list gnome org>
Subject: [Geary] Feedback wanted: "Automatically select next message"
      pref

Hey all,

I have been running Geary with the "Automatically select next message"
pref disabled lately to catch bugs running under it, and found myself
wondering if the behaviour could be tweaked a bit to make processing a
number of conversations a bit easier.

Currently when that pref is disabled, Geary will not select the first
message in a folder after being launched, selecting a new folder, or
performing a search. This seems quite useful - simply opening Geary or
switching folders won't cause any messages that are displayed to be
automatically marked as read. This is certainly fine as-is.

However, Geary will also avoid selecting the next message in the folder

after some operation (e.g. move, trash, junk) causes the currently
selected conversation to disappear. This is the annoying part, since
when going though a lot of mail it doubles the number of key strokes or

mouse clicks needed. To process three messages, "Select, Archive,
Trash, Reply" becomes "Select, Archive, Select, Trash, Select, Reply".

So I'd like to get some feedback from people who do (or would like to)
run Geary with this pref disabled: Do you or would you prefer it
disabled for both cases, or just the former, or just the latter. If
both, could the current workflow be improved somehow to reduce the
number of actions needed to go through a lot of email, or do you like
it as-is?

Do le me know, thanks!

//Mike