Re: [Geary] Feature request: Browse mail by contact panel, (second try)

Am 21.09.2016 um 14:00 schrieb geary-list-request gnome org:
This sounds like an interesting idea. We already would like to
integrate Geary with EDS[0] so it can use contact information stored
there. And I have been thinking lately that having a greatly improved
contextual popovers for contacts[1] when e.g. clicking on they
name+email in  a message would be a great thing. Also, we're planning
on revamping the accounts sidebar[2] in the release after next, so this
is something that could be kept in mind. It could also serve as the
address book[3], which is something that Geary needs.

As step21 mentioned, it wouldn't work well for unknown contacts, but I
can see how it would be useful, especially for finding email from
recently or frequently contacted people.

What does everyone think?

This sounds like an interesting idea.

Would it be useful, if I would provide some mock-ups?

It could also serve as the
address book[3], which is something that Geary needs.

Wy would Geary need an address book? Wouldn't it be better, to integrate
Gnome-contacts (https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Contacts). I like the idea,
that Geary is only a mail client, nothing else. Every contact related
action other then filtering mails by contacts and write mail to them,
could trigger an event that opens the related function in Gnome contacts.