[Geary] First collaboration

Hi there !! I'm new to Gnome collaboration so I could use a littler help. Im getting familiarized with GTK lib.. so

I wan 't to fix a bug o new feature.. the case is in the autocompletion list when typing contact name if no contact is highlighted and you hit enter or tab the first option should be selected.
So I'm trying to get that done. ..

in the src/composer/contact-entry-completion we have this fx

    public void trigger_selection() {
        if (last_iter != null) {
            on_match_selected(this, model, last_iter);
            last_iter = null;
        }
    }

So I thought a good st art point is here..
if last_iter is null want to select the fires item on the autocompletion list..
I read about tree model and find this funciton gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first(model, last_iter)

this will asign the fist iter of tree to last_iter and return true soo...

public void trigger_selection() {
        if (last_iter != null) {
            on_match_selected(this, model, last_iter);
            last_iter = null;
        } else {
            if ( gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first(model, last_iter)){
        &nbs p;       on_match_selected(this, model, last_iter);
                last_iter = null;
            }
        }
    }

But compilers complains about not knowing  gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first function..

Any help or comments would be very hellpfull

thanks