Re: [Geary] Clicking Links

Hi KB,

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Kenneth Berland <ken hero com> wrote:
I'm trying to switch from Thunderbird. When I click links, geary does not send the url as an argument to my default browser. Consequently, it opens a new empty window for each link I click.

What is the mechanism for sending the url to the browser? Is it using dbus?

Geary simply calls GTK+'s standard gtk_call_uri() function to load external links, which in the end looks for your preferred browser using the XDG standard.

If LXDE supports setting a default web browser, then setting one should enable this in Geary. If it doesn't, then you many need to set one manually using 'xdg-mime default ...'.

//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>