Re: [Geary] Wayland issue: buttons on top right do not reappear when expanding/shrinking central pane to the right

Il giorno mer 5 ott 2016 alle 2:21, Michael Gratton <mike vee net> ha scritto:

Hey Federico,

On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 7:26 PM, Federico Bruni <fede inventati org> wrote:
When I expand the conversations list's pane to the right, to the point that the right pane disappears, the buttons on the top right header (archive, delete, undo, minimize/maximize/close) are not restored (i.e. not visible) when the pane is shrunk back to its normal size.

This occurs only when I use Wayland.

Can anybody confirm?
If confirmed, what's the proper place to report the bug?

I can't reproduce this on X11, so I'm thinking this sounds like a GTK bug. Geary does explicitly manage the width of that toolbar to match the location of the separator between the conversation list and viewer, but once it returns to being large enough GTK should re-display those widgets.

Are there any other GTK apps using a GtkHeaderBar that you can reproduce this with? If so, I would suggest filing a bug under the GTK+ product in GNOME's bugzilla: <https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gtk+>

I've tried Nautilus and Rhythmbox, but in these apps the separator is "disconnected" from the main toolbar - I mean, the width of the toolbar is fixed and doesn't try to match the location of the separator - so the bug cannot be reproduced. Perhaps Geary should behave the same way? (i.e. have a fixed toolbar, not affected by the shrinking/expanding of the separator)

Out of curiosity, do you have a use case for this, or did you discover it by accident?

No use case. I was trying to reproduce a bug (cannot find the number) about the date of a collapsed message in a thread being pushed down when shrinking the message viewer.