Re: [Geary] How to set composition preferences ?

Hi Manish,

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 3:20 AM, Manish Jain <bourne identity hotmail com> wrote:
I am using Geary on FreeBSD 10.2 amd64. Some of the people I communicate with have complained to me that my messages are not formatted correctly : lines are too long and comb quotes are all over the place.

There's possibly a few things that could be causing this.

First, Geary uses format=flowed to ensure that other email clients can reflow both body text and quoted text, regardless of screen width. There may be an issue with how Geary is performing this formatting - but that would be somewhat surprising. Your recipient's email clients could be mangling the F=F text, but that would be a bit surprising as well.

Possibly also an issue is that that if your recipients are receiving these messages via a Mailman mailing list, a bug in Mailman/Python's RFC822 module is being triggered - see Bug 769137[0]. Since Mailmail is unfortunately widely used, we may need to work around this issue.

Or, it could be some other bug.

Essentially this would mean there is something wrong with my composition settings. I can't see any options for setting the line width so that new lines are created whenever the width is crossed.

There's no settings that are applicable here, so there's nothing to be changed.

Instead, we should fix whichever of the above is causing this bug. So, were your recipients receiving the email through a Mailman managed list? If not, can you please forward on an example of a problematic message to me (if not confidential) so I can see if Geary is doing the right thing?

Thanks!
//Mike

--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.