Re: [Geary] Geary Crashes

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 11:50 AM, Marc Thomas <mat mthx org> wrote:
I've noticed several times now some crashes in Geary. I think I may be missing a recreation step beause I haven't been able to reproduce it everytime with these steps, but here's what I've noticed.

* Client has been in use for a while (reading emails, sending emails, etc) * Open an email with an image attachment and click on image. This just happened with a jpg, though I think I have seen it happen with png before. The image opens in eog. * When I then go to archive the email using the keyboard shortcut "a", Geary crashes. I reopen Geary and the email I attempted to archive is still there. Archiving it again works this time.

That's wonderfully random. I don't know if it matters, but when you archive the email, is eog still open?

I quickly tried to reproduce this myself, but was unable. You said it didn't happen all the time, so I may not have stumbled on the correct sequence to trigger it.

If you can run geary from a terminal with the debug flag (-d), you'll get a lot of debug output, including, I hope, info about the crash. If you do that and get a crash, we'd be interested in seeing the last bit of that output. Getting a backtrace of the crash would be even more helpful, if that's something you're able to do (see https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary/ReportingABug).

Appologies for not submitting this bug myself. It doesn't look like issues are tracked on your github repo. My guess is they are tracked on Bugzilla, and I don't have an account there yet.

Yeah, our bugtracker is bugzilla.gnome.org. The github repo is an automatic mirror that Gnome created. But they've disabled issues, which is a shame because I much prefer github's issue tracker to bugzilla.

Robert