Re: [Geary] run geary with debug enabled by default

The debug log is sent to stdout and can be redirected from the console as Federico is attempting.  However, redirection is a shell-ism.  Whatever mechanism GNOME is using to launch the app does not parse the greater-than symbol into a redirect.

What we really need here for this to work as-is would be a "--log-to-file" argument.  I'm not inclined to do that, as this is a special case.

Federico, I would recommend creating a shell script (make sure you chmod +x) and have the .application file launch that.

-- Jim