[gdome] how to point to an element in the DOMtree?

The test programs are great help, indeed. They helped me in generating
an xml file with clear understanding of what a particular DOM-API does.

I ve one doubt.

I could succefully construct one .xml file. I need to extract the
attributs(the name:value ordered pairs) for a certain attribute of a
certain element.

I could figure out two ways,
	1> using xpath,
	2> manually walking through the DOM tree.

In either case, one needs to locate the respective element of the DOM
tree.
By calling gdome_doc_documentElement() API, one can get a pointer to the
document which should be a valid .xml file. The return value is of type
GdomeElement *.

But, I am not being able to figure out the way how can I locate to the
root element of the DOM tree, and Also, for that matter, some other
element which is a child element of some element?

For instance, given the DOMtree hierarchy is of the form
<root>

<header/>

<!-- ... represents list of attributes(name=value pairs) -->
<data .../>

</root>

how can I point to elements "root" and "data"?

Kindly help.

Regards,
Sam Oak.