Re: [gdome] problem with gdome_di_saveDocToFile()

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 18:21 +0530, Sameer Oak wrote:
> If I create an element in the main, it's doing fine. The moment I write
> my own function to do that, it gives segfault.

I believe part of the problem lies on line 45, where you unref a text
node using

	gdome_t_unref(txtnode, &exc);

but txtnode is subsequently used.

The gdome2 library is very tricky because of reference counting, so
please double check your code very carefully and use valgrind and/or gdb
for detecting the source of the problems (most often related to
pointers). It is not reasonable to assume that people on this list will
debug your code, unless evidence is provided that there can be a problem
within gdome2 itself.

Also, bear in mind that language bindings for C++ and OCaml are
available, and for these languages reference counting is taken care of
automatically (either using smart pointers or garbage collection).

All the best
--luca