Re: [gdome]Compiling gdome on HP-UX

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:45:19 -0500
JRTHURS UP COM wrote:

> (non-working) copy of gcc here and wanted to use that to compile with.  Is
> there a way to point configure to a compiler other than gcc?  I'm not sure

Try

export CC=/usr/bin/cc # or wherever your C compiler lives
./configure ...

Or maybe you could modify your PATH, so that it does not include the directory
where gcc lives any more.

> how difficult it would be for me to get an admin to (re)install a good copy
> of gcc.

Besides, you don't need admin rights to install gcc (or any other gnu software).
If you have enough space in your home directory, then you can install everything
there. (But perhaps the admin _would_ like to be bothered before too many users
do such installations in their home directories.)

  Tobias