Re: [gdome]Compiling gdome on HP-UX

 Ok, adding the CC environment var and pathing glib and libxml properly got
me past my first set of problems running configure.  Now I'm back to the
same error I was getting when compiling with my own make file (error listed
below).  I did notice on one of the websites concerning libxml that people
have had problems with the HP ANSI C compiler and suggested using CFLAGS =
-Wp,-H16800 -Ae  I tried this, with no positive results.  I'm going to
contact our admin group here to see if I can get gcc installed (the
website's second piece of advice) but, if I can't, does anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks!

cc: "/glib/glib-RUN/usr/local/include/glib-1.2/glib.h",  1573:  1000: ,
line : error g_bit_nth_lsf: Unexpected symbol: "".
cc:  2017: error : Cannot recover from earlier errors, terminating.
configure: failed program was:
#line 5804 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <glib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
return ((glib_major_version) || (glib_minor_version) ||
(glib_micro_version)); ; return 0; }

                      Tobias Peters
                      <t-peters gmx de>        To:       gdome gnome org
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      gdome-admin gnome        Subject:  Re: [gdome]Compiling gdome on HP-UX
                      .org

                      06/25/03 09:45 AM

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:45:19 -0500
JRTHURS UP COM wrote:

> (non-working) copy of gcc here and wanted to use that to compile with.
Is
> there a way to point configure to a compiler other than gcc?  I'm not
sure

Try

export CC=/usr/bin/cc # or wherever your C compiler lives
./configure ...

Or maybe you could modify your PATH, so that it does not include the
directory
where gcc lives any more.

> how difficult it would be for me to get an admin to (re)install a good
copy
> of gcc.

Besides, you don't need admin rights to install gcc (or any other gnu
software).
If you have enough space in your home directory, then you can install
everything
there. (But perhaps the admin _would_ like to be bothered before too many
users
do such installations in their home directories.)

  Tobias