Re: [gdome]XPATH and GDOME2

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Daniel Veillard wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 09:49:35PM +0200, Uwe Fechner wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I want to find a way to access the xpath interface of libxml2
> > from Delphi in a way that is compatible to GDOME2.
> >
> > For example, I build a DOM tree using the GDOME interface,
> > and than make a query with the xpath interface and perhaps
> > insert the result into another GDOME-DOM tree.
> >
> > Do you expect, that any problems will arise, if I try to
> > do that?
The problem is that with gdome2 API you can't get libxml2 structs and so
you can't call libxml2 xpath API because gdome2 is developed to hide
libxml2 architecture and export a DOM Level 2 compliant interface.

>   It would be cleaner to have XPath integrated at the DOM
> level, that's one of the axis worked on for DOM 3, I suggest to
> try to implement it in gdome2, it will avoid some possible
> mapping problems or memory allocation/deallocation headaches:
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-XPath/
This is the target but I don't know when this will be implemented.

Bye,
   paolo.
--
Paolo Casarini - casarini cs unibo it