Re: [gdome]XPATH and GDOME2

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 09:49:35PM +0200, Uwe Fechner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to find a way to access the xpath interface of libxml2
> from Delphi in a way that is compatible to GDOME2.
>
> For example, I build a DOM tree using the GDOME interface,
> and than make a query with the xpath interface and perhaps
> insert the result into another GDOME-DOM tree.
>
> Do you expect, that any problems will arise, if I try to
> do that?

  NOTE: for the XPath engine to work well, it expects to not
        see entities node in the tree.

> Is it safe to access the dom partly through gdome and
> partly through libxml2 (or libxsl) directly?

  It would be cleaner to have XPath integrated at the DOM
level, that's one of the axis worked on for DOM 3, I suggest to
try to implement it in gdome2, it will avoid some possible
mapping problems or memory allocation/deallocation headaches:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-XPath/

Daniel