Re: [gdome]serializing a node

On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 17:39:47 Luca Padovani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The app itself is just a cTree represention of the dom. It allows you
> > edit the dom buy moveing bits of it around, inserting nodes, deleting
> > nodes, cut/copy/paste nodes, editing attributes and text nodes etc. By
> the
> > end of the week it should also be able to ensure that the changes you
> make
> > are valid.
>
> that's a good news. I've developed a similar (but limited) tool some
> time ago, but never finished. I hope you will make it available very
> soon.

It'll probably be about a month or so before I show it to anyone else:)

>By the way, is it implemented in a lazy way? I mean, for huge XML
> files the Ctree widget takes a while to be built up, so a better
> solution is to create it as the user expands subtrees, by reading the
> underlying DOM.

This is a good idea. I'll change to this way soon.

> If you think it may be useful, I can provide some of my old code.

Most of my time is spent trying to understand things but I think I'm
getting the hang of it (having to free memory myself is still a problem
though :( ).
Really the only big thing I've got left to do (i.e the only thing I have no
idea how to do) is the i18n stuff. So if you got as far as that it would be
very usefull.