Re: [gdome](no subject)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 12:55:03PM +0200, Paolo Casarini wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, rob wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to serialize a gdome node?
> Serialize a DOM node is not a simple task.
> If you explain better why and in what context you need it, I can try to
> study a way to do it correctly and implement it.

  Actually there is already a couple of API at the libxml level to do this
    xmlNodeDump()
    http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-tree.html#XMLNODEDUMP
  and
    xmlElemDump()
    http://xmlsoft.org/html/libxml-tree.html#XMLELEMDUMP

 of course serializing a fraction of a document is an error prone
operation in the sense that it's highly probable that the resulting
serialization may not be parseable.

Daniel