Re: [gdome] gdome2

Daniel Veillard <Daniel Veillard w3 org> writes:

>   Would it be a one and forever line change i would not mind.
> If it is N changes for every files for every major release then
> this sucks and I'm not gonna accept this.
>
> Suppose that with gnome 2.0 all apps have to change
>
> #include <gnome/xxx.h>
> #include <gnome2/xxx.h>
>
> then I'm pretty sure I would not be the only one to complain :-)

that would be of course completely stupid.

> The "gnome-xml" isn't a good prefix, libxml would.

yes, it would.

> Should it be libxml or libxml2 ?

libxml, definitely, just for the reason you gave above.

> would this have to be incremented to libxml3 in one year (and so on ...) ?

of course not.
This is just to avoid the namespace collision.

And the code is nicer when you write:
#include <libxml/tree.h>
than
#include <tree.h> /* libxml */

> That's what I'm currently struggling with and in the absence of a good
> answer, the status quo will be maintained.
>
> This is now the major issue left w.r.t. libxml-2.0.0 final release.

good.

Are my answers enough ?

--
Mathieu Lacage
Snailmail: ch 224, 212 Rue de Tolbiac 75013 Paris