[gdome] gdome2

hi all,

Ok, raph is going to kill me. We met at GUADEC and
discussed some gdome stuff with a few other ppl.

The idea is that I am going to:

	- remove autogen
	- clean code, remove duplicated code
	- move to libxml2
	- implement Node and Attribute interfaces
	- cleanup
	- implement the rest of the Core 1 spec.

I will do a lot of this during my 2 week vacations
starting now. I will commit everything to GNOME's
CVS repository into a new cvs module: gdome2.

I would like to hear raph's ideas about the folowing.

libxml2 still uses the *_EVIL_*
#include <tree.h>
and not
#include <gnome-xml/tree.h>

Daniel told me that he would probably switch from libxml2.so.xx
to libxml.so.xx when libxml2 has stabilized.

I don't know about the last point but the I don't like the 1st
one.
I think I don't understand why DV_ wants to keep the 1st one.
He tried to explain me but I cannot think like him.
What he said was something like "source compatible breakage".
I don't understand how a one-line change in all applications
is bad.

any comments ?

regards,
Mathieu

--
Mathieu Lacage
Snailmail: ch 224, 212 Rue de Tolbiac 75013 Paris