Re: [gdm-list] How To: GDM: PAM PIN

Hey,

1) How do I 'enable' PIN authentication?  Only on the Lock Screen and GDM
Greeter.

You can't.  The feature never fully landed, just some prep work for it.

2) Which PAM module config file maps to a service?  What are those
'service'?

For example, there is an "login" that I assume is for all logins.  Then,
what is system-login?  gdm-pin looks very similar to system-login, do I just
"include"  it?  What about password?
well it varies from distro to distro, but "login" is probably for
/sbin/login used
for login to text vts.

"gdm-password" is used for password authentication
"gdm-fingerprint" is used for fingerprint authentication
"gdm-smartcard" is used for smartcard authentication
"gdm-autologin" is used for automatic login without authentication
"gdm-launch-environment" is used for setting the login screen itself
up (login for the gdm user)

3) How do i configure it?  (set a PIN)
can't. feature doesn't exist.

--Ray