[gdm-list] Getting GDM to look for Hosts doing an XDMCP broadcast

I am coming back to managing our X-setup after somebody else doing it for a while. We use X-terminals and (currently) systems (with KDE)

I am a fan of GDM and want to get GDM to provide a list of available hosts from which to choose.

I thought that was something in the [chooser] section of gdm.conf (or custom.conf) with options like

        Broadcast=

or even

        Hosts=host0,host1,...

However, the current configuration notes seem to be devoid of these keywords.

How do I get GDM to look for 'xdmcp' queries and then let me select the host to which I connect.

Thanks - Damian

Pacific Engineering Systems International, 277-279 Broadway, Glebe NSW 2037
Ph:+61-2-8571-0847 .. Fx:+61-2-9692-9623 | unsolicited email not wanted here
Views & opinions here are mine and not those of any past or present employer