[gdm-list] GDM Overrides LANG and LC_ALL Environment Variables

Hi,

I have some questions about gdm3 and GNOME shell and I thought this was the right place to ask.
I set environment variables in /etc/environment LANG=C and LC_ALL=C but when GNOME shell boots both of the variables are set to en_US.utf8.
Is this expected behavior? How do I set LC_ALL to C in GNOME shell?
I would like to launch some programs in this mode without entering terminal and executing "LC_ALL=C program".

Thanks in advance!