Re: [gdm-list] Autologin and multiseat

If you want 1 session per video-output on one card, gdm  2.20 is your only option.
I pray that the gdm people will add again multiseat support to their gdm(or some kind of wrapper).
It was one of the best feature in gdm.
Now autlogin all users with gdm:
Install xdotool of course.
Copy the file /etc/gdm/Init/Default to /etc/gdm/Init/:1
and /etc/gdm/Init/:2 and so on,according the amount of displays.
Ceate a script /usr/local/sbin/display1.sh
add to that file:

#!/bin/sh
sleep 3
username=$1
password=$2
DISPLAY=:1
export DISPLAY
xhost +
xdotool getactivewindow
xdotool type "$username";
sleep 1
xdotool key KP_Enter
sleep 1
xdotool getactivewindow
xdotool type "$password";
sleep 1
xdotool key KP_Enter
xhost -

and the next file for display 2:
/usr/local/sbin/display2.sh
#!/bin/sh
sleep 3
username=$1
password=$2
DISPLAY=:2
export DISPLAY
xhost +
xdotool getactivewindow
xdotool type "$username";
sleep 1
xdotool key KP_Enter
sleep 1
xdotool getactivewindow
xdotool type "$password";
sleep 1
xdotool key KP_Enter
xhost -

add at the bootom of /etc/gdm/Init/Default to /etc/gdm/Init/:1
before exit 0:
sh /usr/local/sbin/display1.sh username password
That is the user you want to login on the first screen

same for /etc/gdm/Init/Default to /etc/gdm/Init/:2
on the bottom before exit 0
sh /usr/local/sbin/display2.sh username password

If a user logs out, he will be logged in again.

chmod +x all the new files you made.

Reboot, enjoy.

Guy