Re: [gdm-list] [ConsoleKit] Impact of ConsoleKit deprecation

Le 27 janv. 2012 04:28, "Lennart Poettering" <mztabzr 0pointer de> a écrit :

> On Thu, 26.01.12 19:36, Brian Cameron (brian cameron oracle com) wrote:
>
> > How was the decision made that CK does not matter and needs to be
> > deprecated?  It seems odd to deprecate an interface that your
> > announcement says only 1 distro (Fedora) has concrete plans to move
> > away from.  The announcement says Mageia and openSuse will "likely"
> > follow, but this hardly sounds definite.
>
> The deprecation of CK was decided by its former maintainer and its
> current maintainer, i.e. Jon and me.
>
> Ubuntu plans to take over maintainership (more precisely Martin Pitt
> from Canonical), to maintain it as long as they still need it, and will
> change the name while doing so.

Am I the only one concerned by this name change ? I don't see the point at all, just give credentials to Martin (and maybe some Solaris folks like Brian) to maintain the current code on freedesktop, while explaining it is deprecated.

--
Frederic Crozat