Re: [gdm-list] GDM 3.x and custom login banner.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 11:38 PM, Jason A. Smith
> I just upgraded to Fedora 16, which comes with gdm-, and now the
> gconf settings definitely no longer work, and I don't see an equivalent
> configuration option in gsettings. How do I set a custom banner message in
> GDM version 3.2?

I just filed a bug to track the issue here:

You have a few potential workarounds:

1) run zenity --info --text "DISCLAIMER: text goes here" from

2) add something like

auth optional file=/etc/disclaimer.txt

above the pam_unix auth line in /etc/pam.d/password-auth

and then have your message in disclaimer.txt

3) force fall back greeter and use the old way.  Put a file called
99-local in /etc/dconf/db/gdm.d/

and then run dconf update as root