Re: [gdm-list] session and 'sudo' code

08.08.2011 22:24, Ray Strode пишет:

> Normally you'd have a PAM module do this for you.
>
> Can you give more details about what you're trying to do though?

Use-case is rather simple:
- I've got predefined username and password for the live-cd system
- The user enters new password in greeter and press 'login' button
- Greeter writes new password into /var/lib/gdm3/
- Greeter performs login using predefined password
- PostLogin script uses chpasswd to set new password and removes password file

That's how it works for me now.

Are there some drawbacks in this approach?
What are the pro & contra of using pam module (or smth else maybe) in such use-case?

thanks,
Max.