Re: [gdm-list] Adding a disclaimer for opening a session

Javier:

Using the old GDM (2.20 or earlier) this is possible, since the
session fails if the PreSession hook returns non-SUCCESS (non-zero)
and the user is returned to the login screen. So you can control whether the user session starts by the script return code.

However, GDM 2.21 and later ignores the return code and always
starts the user session.  I would imagine that if someone wants
the old behavior and provided a patch to make GDM have the old behavior
that it would be accepted upstream.

Brian

First of all, I will introduce myself. My name is Javier, and I'm
actually working in Emergya Consultoria [1] as developer. We have been
contributing to Orca, as a part of Guadalinfo Accesible project [2] and
now, we're in another project. The new project consists in a
Guadalinex-based distro [3] focused on to be the main operating system
in PIAC's (Public Internet Access Center) machines.

Now, I'll expose my needs. ;)

I need to add a dislcaimer in a gdm-login-session process. If a user
accepts that disclaimer, continue loading the session, if not, don't
start the session and stand in gdm.
Can i do that with a PreSession hook, or i need to code-up this logic
into gdm?

I have been showing my disclaimer from a PreSession script, but
gdm-login-session process continues anyway, so, I don't know if what I
want to do is possible or not by this way, or I'm not doing in the right
way.

[1]: http://www.emergya.es
[2]: http://live.gnome.org/Guadalinfo_accesible
[3]: http://www.guadalinex.org